Friday, March 26, 2010
ok..so..still working on the tissue cover but a side project came up that needed to be done quite quickly. Its a long story but I ended up making a new Queen's Fencing Champions Cloak for our Royalty. Duchess Roxanne and her crew made the King's Champ cloak. She sent me the directions and materials and I made this over the last two weeks. It is purple wool, lined with golden silk and embroidered with silk thread. Trimmed in gold "fringe" is the only way i can describe it.
Its modeled on my husband Doug.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Well, the projects request for Pennsic gifts are embroidered covers for the small packs of tissues that people carry in their bag. I had originally though of doing a blackwork pattern in red thread but the linen i have is quite fine and I dont think id be able to finish one before the deadline if I went with the pattern. So...ive chosen a different allover pattern that is counted and take about half the time, but still be just as pretty. The pattern im looking at is a large flower in diamond repeat dated back to 1601, Germany. :) (pictured left)
Ive got the linen stretched onto a mini scroll frame and plan to plug in various movies on this rainy weekend and get truckin on it. :) More photos to come as the progress advances.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Though my posts have been sparse, my hands have not been idle. I am still researching embroidered book chemises and covers..but as a small project, I embroidered this towel for my son's newly married teacher. She has a country kitchen motif so I think this will fit in nicely. Mundane in fashion..but still..embroidery. :)