Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Friday, December 2, 2011
Friday, November 25, 2011
Big news to be released soon, though! :D Has to do with these two lovely people in this pic!
Anyway...here is the link for the album where all my photos are!
Sunday, November 20, 2011
100% wool in a rust color (which this photo is making it look more orange)
The stitching is done in cotton thread for durability. I tend to use cotton thread on garb especially if its going to be washed. I do work in silk but, seriously for men's garb and how hard they can be on it sometimes, experience has proven that silk thread doesnt hold up.
The seams internally are machine sewn but all hems and such are hand stitched.
Pleased with how it came out though I think ill try another and line it with linen.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Blackwork cuffs for my friend Matt's tudor shirt. Will most likely do a collar too. :)
Its very tiny count linen...not even sure what the count is but I think I need one of those hang around the neck magnifying lenses to work with. Oh! And one of those daylight lamps. Worked on it outside in the sunlight at the bus stop and it was SOOOO much easier!
Pics later when they are done!
Monday, November 7, 2011
The rus tunic he is wearing in the first image is a party colored blue/black heavy 100% linen. The colors are what is on his heraldry. There are four patches appliqued onto the tunic on the front and back on either side of the center color split. The embroideries are a grey scorpion and a blue spade, also on his device. I DID NOT embroider the patches, his lovely wife did (in the red and gold). Two of the patches were from his old fighting tunic which, in a period fashion, we removed and reused on the new one and she embroidered two more.
Her gowns are a gold fitted sleeve under gown and a bell sleeve red linen bliaut as her over gown. She chose these colors because they are on her heraldry. I did a split stitch in gold thread around the neckline, with plans to do the same around the sleeves and add some more detailed embroidery around the neckline.
Now im just deciding on what project to start next. The day after crown i was complaining that my hands felt idle and needed something to do. LOL! They, needless to say, gave me crap for that statement.
Ill keep ya posted!
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
And..since I was there and it was a better backdrop, retook a few photos with him wearing the black tunic i made. Here are a couple:
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Im so very pleased with how the dalmatica turned out. Very much "squeeeeing" done on my part...and apparently his too! ;)
Sunday, September 25, 2011
So...I was making buttons for coronation garb over the weekend and here are pictures of them.
The gold buttons are two layers of fabric: one linen and one unknown to me but feels metallic.
All are self stuffed buttons and about the size of a pea.
I love making buttons..they are quick, adorable and make for a nice touch and show of handwork on a piece of garb.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Thursday, September 1, 2011
So I am researching embroidered book covers. I have decided to post each book and the information I find out about it here so that I can keep track of it and share, for others interested in book bindings. I by no means know everything so if anyone has more information on any cover I post or if I post any information that may be incorrect, please let me know and give me the source as well.
On the lower side, on a groundwork of gold similar to that on the upper cover, is a design of the Crucifixion. Our Saviour wears a red garment round the loins, and round his head is a red and yellow nimbus, his feet being crossed in a manner often seen in illuminations in ancient manuscripts.
Here is the pics of my yurt door. I wanted to include my mom in this project since she was wonderful in always watching the boys for me when I had to go to the yurt building weekends, which were many and all in a row.