It was a splendid day! Beautiful weather, though a little cold, but clear sunny skies! I was able to finish all the garb for my two friends that I had intended to. I would like to add a little embroidery to her red over gown, but otherwise they looked marvelous. Here are the pics:
The rus tunic he is wearing in the first image is a party colored blue/black heavy 100% linen. The colors are what is on his heraldry. There are four patches appliqued onto the tunic on the front and back on either side of the center color split. The embroideries are a grey scorpion and a blue spade, also on his device. I DID NOT embroider the patches, his lovely wife did (in the red and gold). Two of the patches were from his old fighting tunic which, in a period fashion, we removed and reused on the new one and she embroidered two more.
Her gowns are a gold fitted sleeve under gown and a bell sleeve red linen bliaut as her over gown. She chose these colors because they are on her heraldry. I did a split stitch in gold thread around the neckline, with plans to do the same around the sleeves and add some more detailed embroidery around the neckline.
Now im just deciding on what project to start next. The day after crown i was complaining that my hands felt idle and needed something to do. LOL! They, needless to say, gave me crap for that statement.
Ill keep ya posted!