Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

Birka Projects

Birka has happened! I have been busy with many projects that needed to be completed for this weekend.  The first was a gown for a friend.

A non-fitted cotehardie for my friend shown below.

Lady Ro Honig in her cotehardie
There is also a viking tunic matching this gown that I made for her Lord. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of it.

I also embroidered a strip of black linen in Cryllic with the saying "By endurance we conquer".

"By Endurance We Conquer"
 The embroidery was in split stitch and when in small areas, satin stitch. I kept the stitches tight as this piece was being added to an already existing fighting tunic. I wanted as minimal snagging as possible should a weapon connect with the band.

Below you can see how it was attached on the side. I am very happy with how it turned out, as is the friend who wears it. 
Baron Ivan wearing the embroidered motto
I have one or two more projects for friends that I am finishing up and then starting some items for myself. I want to clear my plate of the things that are "mostly done".

Updates to happen!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment