The materials I used were:
Grey linen (for lining)
Antique Satin (because purple and green silk were unavailable in my area)
Silk sewing thread and embroidery thread
Coats and Clark sewing thread
I measured my arm making a pattern with some muslin initially. then I began building the 'arms'. I used the fusible webbing to keep the device shapes in place while i used split stitch, chain stitch and couching stitches to embellish and hold the appliqued pieces to the ground fabric.
Then I cut them to match the muslin shape along with the linen lining and sewed them by machine. The hems were done by hand with silk sewing thread.
Two pictures of them below.