Thursday, October 29, 2015

New Projects! SQUEEEE!!



New projects always excite me! I have three on my plate right now..two have no deadline. One is a commissioned book for a friend's elevation. He was given a writ so he is aware of the impending honor.  I am currently doing research on that project. Im contemplating embroidering a scene on one half of the cover, in a similar manner as the alms purses were done (pictured below is an example that is housed at the Met in NYC). More on that when I have a more concrete design.


My other projects are a blackwork set of cuffs and collar for a friend, per her request. Ive started one here. I am going over four spaces because over two on the fabric she provided would make me blind. Im fast approaching that with age so I dont want to hurry it along. ;)





I am using Splendor twisted black silk, one strand, over four as I said. I like how it is coming out.


My other project is a norm...a pair of socks. This is great for me to have at work for when its slow or if I have a particularly chatty client, which is quite often when you work in the antiques market.




This yarn is a 75/25 Superwash merino wool/nylon blend, fingering weight.   I figured with Christmas coming, a few handmade presents for family and close friends is in order...and I do so love to knit.

Well, back to work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hi!  I have moved my blog to wordpress. After a short I will be shutting this one down.  Here is the link to the new site where i backed up...