Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Three! Three Projects Done! AH! AH! AH!

I love to art, but today shall be about recuperation. Achy wrists, sore fingers joints and tender finger pads are the reason. I came about these pains doing what I love and I will do it all again too.Yesterday, by end of day I had completed three projects off my list: two embroidered, one knit.

A few weeks ago I was asked to embellish two white fighting tunics for the Prince and Princess of the Mists, Antonii and Helga (http://mists.westkingdom.org/). The tunic was provided for me. I appliqued the Principality of the Mists arms on the center of the chest and then did seam embellishments.
Double herringbone stitch in green and blue with white accent

Shot of tunic from above

Hem seam treatments

whole tunic (thank you hubby)

Close up of the appliqued & embroidered arms

I am very pleased with how they came out. Id like to have put the roses on the Princess's arms but time constraints didn't allow it. It is my hope they will be added, perhaps via fabric paint, later. I handed them off at 7:45 to a friend who was delivering them for me yesterday.  *WHEW*

Edit: Two pictures of the Prince and Princess wearing the tunics (Photo by Samantha Raven):



On Facebook, I am part of several knitting themed pages. Some sell gloriously dyed indie yarns (someday I must learn how to do this for myself) as well as link patterns and ideas and offer help.  One page decided to do a Secret Santa type gift exchange.  The recipient I was assigned liked the color yellow so I found a cowl pattern I liked and made that up for her. (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/afrato).  Here is a picture of it knitted up and my friend modeling it for me.

The fiber is a merino wool and nylon. It was actually sock yarn but I adored the feel and weight so I bought it for this project. I am mailing it to the recipient tomorrow. I really hope she likes it.

Last night as well, I cast on some lovely green hand spun sparkly yarn a friend made me and I am making a dragon wing cowl with it. I think it is perfect for this project. (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dragon-wing-cowl). Ill post pictures when its complete.

Well, time to make coffee and start the day. Today will entail more knitting, Thanksgiving menu shopping and watching some movies. Oh, and Ibuprofen...lots of ibuprofen.  Ciao!




Thursday, November 10, 2016

Fighting Surcoat I made...LOOONG Time ago!

 
It was a long time ago, but I was chatting with my SCA brother and I asked if he had a picture of the surcoat I made him. He found this pic and sent it to me. It was the first real applique I had done that was put to "good tough use". The surcoat had four different coat of arms on it. On one should was his household's badge. On his other shoulder was his wife's arms. On the front was his arms and the back was the Northern Army badge. In this picture you cant see back and left shoulder.  I was very proud of this. 
 
Just wanted to share some of my earlier works.
 
 
 
 
 

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Latest Finished Project: "LaBroder-dress"

Viking ensemble for a friend. Took me some time what with moving and other life things going on but its finally done. Black linen gown with embroidery and seam treatments and blue linen apron dress with seam treatments. The same treatments on the cuffs of the black gown are on the hem of it as well, which I didn't get a picture of.  Very happy with how it came out and the recipient sent me a wonderful shocked face picture that made me smile.  Here are the images of it.
Close up of the arm embroidery

Seam treatments on apron dress

Apron Dress laid on the gown