Translate

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A couple more projects done

Well, I have been busy lately and feel ashamed i have not posted anything since March. But...here is a catch up!
First, I knit another pair of socks..this time its a pair for my son Leo. Just a basic pattern, a soft acrylic yarn (kids are tough on clothes so no fancy wool for them right now)...nothing special. I have the concept down fairly well now.  I think the next pair will be something more elaborate on the cuff. Then perhaps Ill work down to a design on the foot itself.

Next, I finished a project I had actually started a little while ago for a friend who has honey bees. I saw it, immediately thought of her and started it. Its DMC cotton thread on linen, though I don't recall the count.


Lastly, a friend asked me to make a medallion so I embroidered this for her. It is one strand of twisted silk done on linen, over two.  I had to actually purchase a pair of reading glasses to be able to see the tiny weave to embroider it.  Im quite pleased with how it came out.  I placed a quarter in the picture to show size. 


I have a few more projects on my list I am working on. More as I finish them. 
Cheers!!



No comments:

Post a Comment