My "Resolution"...of sorts
2016 is going to be about me. I want it to be the year of creativity and new experiences. I am going to make a list for myself of things I would like to try, learn and do (yes, a bucket list of sorts). I will actively seek teachers if I have difficulty learning it on my own through self study. This will be an active on going list. I will accept any suggestions or help offered.
1. Sign up for an overnight security shift at Pennsic (I've mentioned this one before)
2. Learn to make lamp-work beads for my viking. (i have the set up thanks to the menfolk's Christmas gift)
3. Tablet weaving
4. Learn how to make mead with the 10 pounds of raw honey I have
5. Become competent in the last categories I am not ranked in within Athena's Thimble (Lacis, Needlelace, Openwork & Smocking).
6. Give fencing a try (heavy list i think is too much for my back) and also Archery (I need better arrows, have bow and quiver already)
7. Do more heralding (apparently, I know how to project...who knew!!!)
8. Make more garb for myself that is embroidered (I currently only own 1 thing with my embroidery)
9. More socks..of course. (They're like potato chips, ya know?!)
10. Make more embroidered hand made books. Especially one for myself. That will happen first.
11. Take at least one picture every day and try to always learn a little more about my camera and a better way to take a photo.
I can come up with more and I will as the year progresses, but primarily this will be focused around me as I have been sorely neglecting myself for a long time. I will complete the couple projects for others I have promised but, I need to make things for me...work on me. I will post creations and such here and on my blog (which may be switching to WordPress at some point).
Anyway...that's as close to a resolution as I will make. Hope everyone has had a grand New Years so far! Cheers!