Sunday, March 29, 2015

16th C German Brickwork Pouch

So, now that its been given away, I can post about this!! :)    It took me three months (and I blew my self imposed deadline) to embroider this german embroidered pouch.  It was an elevation gift for a friend being inducted into the order of the laurel.
(picture was taken on the dashboard of my van where I finished it en-route to Mudthaw).

The embroidery is done in brick stitch. The cording on the edges is lucet cording as well as the strings. Tassels are silk as well.

Materials include:

Splendor Silk Thread in black, white and red (her arms colors)
cotton canvas base fabric
Silk dupioni fabric for lining


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hi!  I have moved my blog to wordpress. After a short I will be shutting this one down.  Here is the link to the new site where i backed up...