Translate

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Embroidered Trim

Now that they have been worn, I can post about my latest project.  Sometime back in the summer I was approached about embroidering trim for their Highnesses coronation garb. After the pattern was set upon, I got to work.

The materials I used are:

Splendar Silk Embroidery Thread
Dupioni Silk

I used a light box to trace the pattern onto the base fabric. The stitches used were split stitch and chain stitch.  90 inches were embroidered for the edge of his now Majesty's tunic.

Pictures below:









I am in the works currently making an applique to put on her Majesty's gown. I'll post those when it is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment