Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Second Pennsic Gift Basket book

 
I completed the second and final book for the Pennsic War gift baskets. This one is (obviously) for the Mid Realm. I am very, very pleased with how the embroidery turned out. I had concerns about the detail with it being so tiny but I like it and I hope their Majesties of the Mid realm do as well.
 
I used split stitch and stem stitch in the embroidery.  I did not fill in the wings completely in hopes to create a thin gossamer look like the images of dragons in illuminations and artwork. I did not base this off of any period piece.
 
The next one I make is for me! (No, really...I swear it!)
 
Materials used:
Splendor Silk Embroidery thread
white linen
white silk sewing thread
Small commercial blank journal purchased at Staples ($3.00)

 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hi!  I have moved my blog to wordpress. After a short I will be shutting this one down.  Here is the link to the new site where i backed up...