Sunday, July 1, 2018

DING!!!

So, for the past few weeks I have been working on a peerage cloak for a friend of mine who was given her writ at Birka in January. Last night at East Kingdom 50 Year, she was elevated to the Order of the Laurel and I can safely post the finished pictures of the finished cloak now.  I am so very pleased with how it came out. Sadly, the heat from the day forced me to leave early and I was unable to present the cloak myself and see her face when she saw it.  I found this picture of her wearing it online this morning.

Materials:
  • Cloak is constructed of navy blue wool and golden linen
  • All embroidery was done by hand in split stitch, blanket stitch, stem stitch and satin stitch with Splendor Silk embroidery threads on linen and then hand appliqued onto the cloak. 
  • There is tablet woven trim that was made by a friend of hers in her shire. 
  • 90% of the cloak was hand sewn except for the joining seam of lining to outer wool fabric. 
  • She chose the design and style to span her two persona's. 
Mistress Christina Jenevra de Carvalhal

Order of the Silver Crescent

Order of the Maunche

Her device

East Kingdom Tiger
Full shot of embroidered laurel wreath trim down front of cloak. 48" long





No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hi!  I have moved my blog to wordpress. After a short I will be shutting this one down.  Here is the link to the new site where i backed up...